Engineering Consulting For Over 30 Years.
Our organization of licensed professional engineers and architectural support has extensive experience in the single-family, multi-family, and commercial construction markets.
No Project Too Big Or Too Small
Ray Engineering is a full-service consulting engineering company established in 1990 with the resources to be an important participant in your projects, from conception to completion.
We pride ourselves on our excellent track record in completing engineering services on time and on budget.
Contact Us Today!
Preparation of design plans and specifications for structural restoration.
Review and analyze structural concerns including settlement problems, exterior deck, handrail or walkway problems, roof leaks or problems that could impact the structural integrity of a building.
Forensic Engineering is essentially the investigation of materials, products or structures that fail or do not operate or function as intended causing personal injury or property damage.
List of Services
Click Service To View Description
Building Assessments and Inspections
Structural Integrity Reserve Study - SIRS
Condominium and Cooperative Buildings 3+ stories – Florida
- Based on a visual inspection, the study will state:
- The remaining useful life and estimated replacement cost / deferred maintenance cost of:
- Load-bearing elements
- Fireproofing and fire protection systems
- Waterproofing and Painting
- Window & Exterior Doors*
- Any other item that exceeds $10,000 and would negatively affect the building
*Disclaimer: As per the responsibility of the association based on their governing documents
30 years (25 years if determined by local authorities based on environmental conditions such as salt water)
Condominium and Cooperative Buildings
3+ stories – Florida
- Visual inspection for signs of substantial structural deterioration
Phase Two (if necessary)
- Additional inspections and testing
20 Year Capital Reserve Analysis
Our engineers have the Community Associations Institute designation of Reserve Specialists.
Many associations are putting together budgets for future repairs and replacements of all common elements and this helps assist with that process. The Capital Reserve Analysis includes a review of the property with input from Board Members, Property Manager and Maintenance Supervisor
The Capital Reserve Analysis includes:
- Procedures and Limitations
- Property Description and Condition
- Estimate of Repairs
- Review with Board Members and Property Manager
Transitional Study (Developer Turnover)
A Transition Study or Developer Turn-Over Report is prepared when your community is being turned over to the Home Owner’s Association by the developer. These studies are often performed in conjunction with a Capital Reserve Analysis. The study consists of a thorough inspection of the common elements of the community. The study documents any design, construction, building codes or condition defects. This study, which is conducted by a professional engineer, provides an independent expert opinion on the recommended remediation of the defects along with the estimated costs to remediate the defects.
The goal of the Transition Study is to assist the community in avoiding costly defect litigation by having the defective items corrected by the developer or reach a fair settlement.
The Transition Study includes:
- A review of each of the common elements of the community
- The condition of each of the common elements and a list of all of the elements that exhibit effects and require remediation, modification or replacement
- Cost estimates, including labor and material for the repair or replacement
- A detailed narrative report, including photographic documentation, which describes the defect or code violation and recommendations for remediation
Property Condition Assessment
Ray Engineering, Inc. designed our Property Condition Assessment to determine the present physical condition of the project and its improvements. We help determine any future anticipated issues, which may result in a financial risk or liability.
The PCA process includes:
- A visual walk-through to observe the existing conditions.
- Review of the available construction documentation, public records and current budgets.
- Deciphering the information gathered and presenting it with intelligence for repair or further detailed review if the issues cannot be determined through visual observation alone.
Property Condition Reports contain a property description (site, buildings, history and maintenance) and a review of the following building components:
- Site Improvements (Access, Parking, Paving/Drainage, Walks/Curbs, Utilities, Lighting, Landscaping/Irrigation, Fences/Walls, Signage and Disabled Accessibility/ADA).
- Building Improvements (Foundation, Structure, Floor Construction, Exterior Wall Construction, Roof and Canopy Construction, Windows, Doors, Balconies/Terraces, Stairs, Interior Floors & Walls and Appliances/Cabinets, Disabled Accessibility/ADA)
- Building Mechanical, Plumbing & Electrical Systems (HVAC, Plumbing, Electrical, Vertical Transportation, Fire Protection/Life Safety Systems)
- Tenant Spaces (Interior Finishes, Kitchen Appliances, HVAC, Plumbing/Fixtures, Electrical, Fire Protection/Life Safety Systems)
- Other Issues (e.g., Fixtures, Furnishings and Equipment (FF&E) for hotels, more detailed mechanical studies, more detailed ADA surveys, etc.) — these issues can be included in a property condition report, but must be discussed prior to being proposed.
Engineering and Design Services
Structural & Civil Design
- Preparation of design plans and specifications for structural restoration.
- Monitoring of the restoration work.
- Certification of restoration work.
- Review and analyze structural concerns including settlement problems, exterior deck, handrail or walkway problems, roof leaks or problems that could impact the structural integrity of a building.
- Evaluate drainage issues and suggest corrective measures.
Forensic Engineering / Expert Testimony
Forensic Engineering is essentially the investigation of materials, products or structures that fail or do not operate or function as intended causing personal injury or property damage. The field also deals with retracing the process and procedures leading to accidents or structural failures.
Ray Engineering has performed forensic evaluations for over 30 years in the civil and structural engineering field. We also provide expert testimony in dispute resolution including settlement discussions, mediation arbitration and trial in court.
Construction Management and Monitoring
Typical services include:
- Review of plans and specifications to ensure completeness and conformance with current codes and standards.
- Cost analysis to ensure construction budgets are sufficient to construct the projects as defined by the contract documents.
- Conduct periodic site inspections to monitor construction progress and ensure conformance with plans and specifications.
- Monitor construction progress for compliance to plans and specifications and provide a letter of acceptance upon completion of work.
- Prepare detailed written reports for all services noted above.
Physical Needs Assessment
The purpose of the Physical Needs Assessment is to identify and provide cost estimates for the following key items:
- Immediate Physical Needs – repairs, replacements and significant maintenance items which should be done immediately.
- Physical Needs Over the Term – repairs, replacements and significant maintenance items which will be needed over the term of the mortgage and two years beyond.
As part of the process, instances of deferred maintenance are also identified.
The assessment is based on the evaluator’s judgment of the actual condition of the improvements and the expected useful life of those improvements. It is understood that the conclusions presented are based upon the evaluator’s professional judgment and that the actual performance of individual components may vary from a reasonably expected standard and will be affected by circumstances which occur after the date of the evaluation.
Discover Our Services
Download an easy-to-read PDF of all of our Service Descriptions and Project References.
Proposal Checklist Forms
Click The Buttons Below To Submit Your Checklists
Structural Integrity Reserve Study
Property Condition Assessment
Licensed Professional Engineering in 12 states
“It is with great pleasure that I have the opportunity to provide a few words regarding Ray Engineering. I have worked with Ray Engineering for over 20 years and they were, they are, and they will continue to be my go-to engineering firm. They provide outstanding service with timely reports at a fair and reasonable price. I have used them for not only reserve studies but evaluations of the structural integrity of buildings, decks, and stairwells. They are very professional, quick to respond and provide excellent service to all parties involved. You cannot go wrong when you use Ray Engineering for your engineering and reserve study needs.”